Saturday, January 8, 2011

Master Bedroom Sneak Peak

So our master bedroom, while huge, had no real chartacter. The previous owners had painted this interesting tan color through out the entire house. It was an ok color, no real character in it. Also in certain lights it had a bit of a pink tinge which was a complete no go. I want rich colors, colors that stand out. I had done nothing to our room. No pictures nothihng. hadn't even really decided on the placement of the furniture, I wanted to wait until we painted and give the room cozy feel. Another problem with the color in our room, besides the plain ness of it all, was that in the day it was so bright. That is ok for other rooms, but not for your bedroom.

I mean if you want to sleep in or when you get a migraine during the day, its super hard to rest in a really bright room, and I wanted something cozier. My cousin Mindy was visiting with her husband the weekend we decided to transform our room. well start anyways, so she helped me tape and paint our accent wall.. you'll see a sneak peak of that below. It took a couple weekends to complete. Feels like we have so much to do and so little time. I ended up getting some good clearance things to accent the room with.... Coming up you'll get to see the completed transformation.

Here is Mindy. Helping me paint. Thanks so much for you and Alex's help!

No comments:

Post a Comment