Saturday, December 25, 2010

Nothing Says Merry Christmas like ... Pillowcases?

A while back I saw this cute little pattern for pillowcases, and thought I can do that. Then I found the most adorable material. For some odd reason I have been way into owls lately. (check it out here ---->) I bought enough of it to make two pillow cases and then some coordinating fabric for the cuffs. But, I loved it so much I wanted to make something else with the material too. So I went back and bought about 6 more yards of it (it was on sale), and then bought a few different coordinating fabrics. I decided to make a quilt to go with the pillowcases. I haven't finished that yet, more to come on that one.



At any rate I was gushing to my family about how excited I was to make these adorable pillowcases and my family signed themselves up for some as well. A lot of pressure, I am a beginner at sewing and hadn't even made mine yet. I took down what kind of pillowcases they wanted and searched for a couple


months actually for just the right fabrics. My one Aunt wanted lighthouse pillowcases or something that would go good with her lighthouse stuff, and my uncle wanted nature-y type stuff. I bought some material that i was so not inlove with, but couldn't find anything else and was running out of time. I thought maybe it's just not my thing thats why I don't love it. I kept an eye out and one day at JoAnn fabrics saw the most perfect lighthouse fabric and natur-y fabric. I actually loved it. For my other aunt she wanted black and gray fabric to match her bedding. that was a little easier at least to mix and match. I spent about 12 hours one day making pillow cases. I feel like a pro now. LOL. I made my owl ones first, and boy am I glad, they are a little off, but it was my first time. and they still look adorable. Then I made everyone elses. I was quite proud of myself. I didn 't do to bad for my first real patterned sewing project. (get the pattern here. )






I took some of the reminants of the pillow cases and sewed enough to tie around them to make them look pretty. Here are the Black and gray ones I did. Here are the nature ones I did for my uncle all bundled up


A closer look
The Lighthouse ones all bundles up

A closer look.

No comments:

Post a Comment