Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Nightstand


So back before the snow fell and the fall was still pretty warm, the husband and I went yardsaling. Well we didn't set out to yardsale, but as we saw signs for one I made him go on a hunt to find it. He was none to happy. But, we did find some great bargains. At this particular yardsale I walked away with a run down old wood chair that needs some major TLC for $1, 2 old mirrors with crazy designs, they were pretty nasty looking, they were $.50 each, and a nightstand for $5.00. Spent $7.00. not bad. The night stand you see to your left there had descent harware, didn't like the super shiney knobs, so I spray painted them with a hammered metalic charcoal color. I am not sure of the exact name, I will have to put it in a post at a later time.

The drawers would not come out so I had to work on it with the drawers in... Not an easy feat. I will later have to put fabric or something inside the drawers since the particles of the spray paint stained the inside of the drawers. I lightly sanded the imperfections and raised areas on the nigthstand, and since the materials were kind of a shiney vinear type, I had to use a adhesion primer to help the spraypaint stick and not just bead up and roll off. I rolled on two coats of adhesion primer then two coats of satin black spray paint. Then I added the newley spray painted knobs to the nightstand. I reall love how it turned out. An inexpensive find, that I was able to transform into what I needed for very little. only the cost of spray paint. (I already had the primer)








No comments:

Post a Comment